MADARA is Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to ECOCERT Standard available at http://www.ecocert.com/cosmetics. Its ingredients include biologically certified flower and herb extracts from the Baltic region, as well as other natural substances.
MADARA packaging is environment friendly and can be recycled. We use only ecological cleaning agents in the production of our products; we do not carry out experiments on animals and use energy efficient production equipment.
ECOCERT is one of the world's largest organic certification
organisations, covering products
for food, farming, household, textiles and cosmetics. Used as a leading organic standard in over 80 countries worldwide, consumers can be confident of the integrity when they see the ECOCERT symbol.
ECOCERT Greenlife Standard defines:
Certified cosmetic products contain at least 95% natural ingredients.
The remaining 5% of the ingredients are strictly regulated, monitoring the presence of minerals, organic acids, salts and other safe and nature-identical raw materials.
Natural and Organic Cosmetics label defines that a minimum of 95% of the plant-based ingredients (for example, plant extracts and vegetable oils) must be certified organic and a minimum of 10% of the total ingredients must be certified organic. This label applies to MÁDARA ecoface, ecobody, ecolips, decocare products and ecoeyes regenerating eye cream.
Natural Cosmetics label defines that a minimum of 50% of the plant-based ingredients must be certified organic and a minimum of 5% of the total ingredients must be certified organic. This label applies to MÁDARA ecohair, ecobaby, ecodeo, ecohands products and ecoeyes firming eye contour gel.
ECOCERT's "Natural and Organic Cosmetics" label prohibits:
- Synthetic perfumes
- Harsh preservatives (for example, parabens, phenoxyethanol)
- Organic-synthetic dyes
- Mineral oil and other petroleum-based products
- Propylene glycol and other glycols
- Silicones and other synthetic ingredients
- Raw materials extracted from living or dead animals are prohibited.
ECOCERT's "Natural and Organic Cosmetics" label regulates:
- Manufacturing processes must be safe and non-polluting.
- Cleaning agents that are used to clean the production site have to be biodegradable and/or environmentally friendly.
- Packaging materials must be chosen with the strictest respect to the environment using recyclable formats with low energy consumption.
- No animal testing is allowed during any stage of product development or production.
- Producers are controlled by regular inspections several times per year.
- A certified product is clearly marked on the packaging with an ECOCERT symbol, allowing the consumer to distinguish a certified product from the rest.
MADARA is aware of the litigation in process in USA and the implication that the ECOCERT standards are also under question. When we adopted the ECOCERT standards we thoroughly investigated the conditions as we wanted to be certified by a body of high integrity. We are satisfied we chose the right organic certification body and that consumers who purchase our products can have every confidence that we do not use synthetic ingredients nor do we hide ingredients within others.